Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Omaha's Children Museum

 Mutual of Omaha employees and their families got to go to Omaha's Children Museum for free throughout the month of July. So a couple Saturdays ago, we went! There were the exhibits that are always there, such as these pictures:


Then the little science area had class starting that I knew would be interesting. We weren't disappointed. The teacher made ice cream with liquid nitrogen. Here we are waiting for class to start. Please note that there are a couple videos at the end of this post that are especially cool.

  Eating the yummy ice cream. Sorry for the many blurred pictures in this post. They're all I got:

Zeke was begging to go to the art area. It closed before we got done with the science class. But what they did have was a little chalk board car to doodle on.

 The temporary exhibit was all about bugs! Huge robotic bugs. Again, the videos at the end of the post are must watch-ers.
 An ant farm for children:
Trace different insects:


Some insects were magnified behind huge glasses:

A long narrow bouncy house kinda thing. The kids loved it.


 We didn't want to leave without a little face paint. The boys wanted to look like Batman. Before you judge my art work, I'll say that they were happy and satisfied! I wanted to just put a heart on Gwen's cheek, but when she heard what her brothers look like, she wanted it too.

 And the awesome videos!
~Hoveys

No comments: