It took us almost twice as long to complete this reading book than the book advertises. I'm embarrassed because that really is all my fault. In reality I was practically setting him up to fail. Through distractions such as having a baby, sickness, vacation, dividing several lessons into two, and pure poor habits, any child would have been overwhelmed or lost interest or any number of things, I think.
Despite all, Reid enjoys reading. He is not too bad either!
Congrats, big boy!
Here is a picture to show the neat things Reid got as a reward for his hard work and success:
He selected for himself a LEGO police car. For him, we selected "Hop on Pop" and "Go, Dog Go!" You may notice that he has a banged up face. A small biking accident. Ouch!
Okay, here is a fun story. The other day I was being silly and saying that when I was certain ages, I did certain activities. Such I swam with sharks when I was 19, or tangoed with a tiger at 15, or something like that. Every time, the boys were like, "Really?" Of course I would then say, no. But then Reid pipes up and says, "Dad said there is a lion in the girls' bathroom!" Huh? So after pressing him, we came to this conclusion: While traveling to Utah for vacation, we stopped for gas and toilets at a gas station that only had individual bathrooms. Reid witnessed a woman letting herself into the men's room and asked Matt why. Matt said that the girls' bathroom had a LINE. Reid heard LION. So for the last several weeks he has assumed Dad told him there was a lion in the bathroom and that is why the lady went into the men's . I love it!!
~Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment