Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reid Reads!


We are still early on in the "reading book," so we might hit a block wherein Reid cannot continue, but for now, he is doing pretty well and he loves it. I took a quick video of him reading his first "story." I did the same for Zeke, but that video was kind of a disaster. I'm embarrassed for ever posting it.
For this I had better post a transcript though!

Maggie: "OK. Touch the ball for the first word."
Reid: "Mommy, after all this book-"
Maggie: "Uh-huh."
Reid: "After I get a toy-um, I wanna get a robot."
Maggie: "OK. Can you touch the ball for the first word?" (Chuckles)
Reid: "Um, this one?"
Maggie: "Yes."
Reid: "Sssssseeeee."
Maggie: "Say it fast?"
Zeke: "Did Reid say he was gonna play with my robot?"
Maggie: (To Reid) "Say it fast." (To Zeke) "No!"
Reid: (To Zeke) "No, I'm gonna buy a robot at the store."
Maggie: "K, say it fast."
Reid: "Um..."
Maggie: "Sound it out."
Reid: "Ssssseeee.:
Maggie: "Good. Say it fast."
Reid: "See!"
Maggie: "Right. What word?"
Reid: "See!"
Maggie: "Yes. Touch the ball for the next word."
Reid: "Mmmmeeeee."
Maggie: "Right. Say it fast."
Reid: "Me!"
Maggie: "Me! What word?"
Reid: "Me."
Maggie: "Me. Yes. Touch the ball for the next word."
Reid: "Eat" (drawn out).
Maggie: "Say it fast." (pause) "How do you say it fast?"
Reid: "Eat" (drawn out).
Maggie: "Good. Can you say it fast?"
Reid: "Eat!"
Maggie: "What word?"
Reid: "Eat."
Maggie: "Eat. Very good."

The part of the conversation in the beginning was about a toy that Reid hopes to have earned at the end of the book. It is his motivation, I guess. He wants a robot like what Zeke got with his birthday money.
I love watching them learn!

This conversation happened this morning at breakfast:

Reid: "When we go boating will someone get in the water?"
Me: "Honey, we're going VOTING."
Reid: "Is there water there?"


Love it!
Last night for FHE, Matt wanted to talk to the boys briefly about the election. We talked about the kingmen in the Book of Mormon, etc. After that, we filled out some homemade ballots where we voted on how many jumping jacks to do, what Primary song to sing, and which part of the bedtime routine we could do first.
RESULTS:
Seven jumping jacks won. The Primary song "Smiles", won. and brushing teeth won. Right on, right on!
Zeke insists he wants Obama to win the election. Reid wants Romney to. They are quite funny about it.
Hope this message finds you well.
~Hoveys

1 comment:

Christine said...

I loved all your updates and the cute things the kids say. (Mine don't say anything cute any more) I remember watching Sleepy Hollow when I was young! I don't know if my kids have ever seen it though. Looks like your family is doing great!