In Zeke's math the other day, he was using shapes to make art. It made him very aware of the shapes around him. When his picture of circular planets being orbited by a rectangular rocket with triangular jets was completed, he put some scotch tape on it for display and realized the paper he glued them to was also rectangular. Finally, as he ran to his room to display his work I heard him declare, "My bed is a rectangle!"
I had to laugh. I love seeing things sink in.
Today I brought the kids with me to the doctor. I asked Zeke if he was excited to hear the baby's heartbeat again. He said, "Again? Why?" I said we do it so that we know the baby is still doing okay. He said, "Yeah, 'cuz the baby could die. Like Thomas Jefferson's baby." That was read a couple of weeks ago, so of all things to sink in... Especially because today we read about the French Revolution while Jefferson was in the country. I specifically read that a prison guard got beheaded by a mob, and it didn't even register in Zeke's head. I asked him what just happened, and he couldn't answer. I'm like, really? A guy just got beheaded and you weren't hanging on to every word? Oy. You win some you lose some.
Before that, at breakfast, he was explaining to Reid how old he'll be with each additional birthday. After six he'll turn seven. After seven he'll turn eight, etc. He said his last birthday will be 100. I'm impressed he has that much of his future planned out already! :)
I didn't really mean to have a whole post just about one child. But I tell ya, Zeke has entertaining moments.
The doctor appointment went well. I should be able to schedule the baby's birthday next week. ;)
Along the lines of my own personal weight gain challenge, I'm around five pounds under my goal with five weeks to go, so I don't think I'll be making weight. I tend to lose a couple pounds in the last month, so that might help, but I won't hold my breath! Just want a healthy baby!
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you are doing a good job as mommy and teacher!
Post a Comment