Monday evening, we picked up Matt from work and headed toward the pedestrian bridge that connects Nebraska and Iowa.
The backpack took three thrift stores to find. But is really cool! An employee saw us walking away with it, and she said she'd seen the bag sit on display all day Saturday and wondered why nobody picked it up. So we were very fortunate.
The pedestrian bridge had a teepee set up nearby:
We did not do anything on Tuesday, but on Wednesday we went to the zoo! A new couple moved into our ward and they have a two month old baby girl. I can bring in another adult with our pass, so I invited them. We enjoyed ourselves for sure. It was a lovely, breezy day and because school is in session, it wasn't crowded at all!
I was showing Gwen pictures of the wildcats at the zoo and here is what she said:
Looking at a lion: "Roar!"
Looking at a tiger: "Roar!"
Looking at a cougar: "Meeee-ooooww!"
I had a doctor appointment Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon we used coupons to "That Pottery Place." The coupons were courtesy of the library Summer Reading Program, mentioned a few posts back. They got to paint little pieces. The whole establishment is not child friendly because they have this whole wall filled with ceramic pieces and things. Very nerve-racking. Nevertheless the kids were fantastic! The employee even said so. I was proud.
I wanted to take them swimming at the YMCA on Friday, but the pool is closed for maintenance. Honestly, I can't remember what we did that day. But in the evening we made up for any lack by attending a BBQ at our friends' home. A great night!
So that was our week of fun before school begins!
~Hoveys
1 comment:
I remember when we were on year round school and the kids time off was throughout the year when everyone else was in school. The best was visiting places like the zoo without the crowds!! Love the Spiderman backpack :)
Post a Comment