Matt made Mother's Day very nice. I slept in a little, while he made cinnamon rolls. Cute man, he didn't read instructions very closely, and wound up putting the icing on before baking the rolls. They were still yummy next to the eggs, milk, and juice.
Matt pretty much handled everything child and everything food. My day was made easy. As was mentioned in previous post, I went and spent money on myself buying running gear as an early Mom's Day gift.
Some days I stand back and think, "Holy crap! These little people call me mom! What an honor. What a privilege. What a responsibility!" Wow.
One highlight to my day was calling/messaging family to share with them the joyous news that we are expecting baby number four! A fun Mother's Day announcement, I thought.
On Saturday morning, I got together with some friends and went running. My friends only needed to run six miles but I needed ten. So the last four miles were done solo. I definitely slowed my pace, unfortunately, but I never stopped running. Between 13-14 minute miles. Definitely slower than desired, but that is OK.
Now, back to the topic of this pregnancy. If you are MALE, you can stop reading this about now.
Stopped? OK...
I weened Gwen last November. No, Times Magazine, she is not three years old yet. Month after month, I waited to get a regular period. It wasn't regulating, so I guess it was around March that I started to really care. I mean, we weren't really trying specifically to get pregnant. Upon the advice of sisters, I started taking Black Kohosh. It is typically used for menopausal women, but my sister uses it to regulate herself.When I expected my period to start, it didn't. Twelve days later Matt made me take a pregnancy test at 5:30 in the morning. After seeing a positive result I couldn't really sleep well after that. I was kind of in shock! I didn't feel pregnant. That was a stupid thought I know now though, because I am now probably more sick than I have ever felt with other pregnancies. *sigh*
Anyway, this is a huge blessing. The boys know about it now too, and I think they understand it pretty well. They have cute moments from touching my gut to understanding who will sit where in the car when the baby comes. Even daydreaming about visiting me in the hospital and seeing Grandma(s) come visit. More annoying moments are like when Zeke decides to hydrate himself by using a baby bottle that has been stored away for months... Ugh.
Anyway, this Saturday is an eleven mile run. Wish me luck! I hope this message finds you well.
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
6 comments:
Woot! Baby number four! And that much running?! You're a trooper!
Congratulations lil lady! I am so excited for you! And here is wishing you luck for that run! :)
Exciting news! Congrats!
Wow!! Congratulations! My friend got pregnant while nursing and did'nt have a clue. She wouldn't have had them as close together...honestly she might not have had the last one (her 5th) but it was all good. They are two girls close in age and good buddies. Funny how life works out!! Good luck on your pregnancy and Kudos to you on your running!!!!
Wow! You're prego and running! good for you! I'm very impressed. Congrats on #4!!
Congratulations! We're looking at baby #4 sometime in the near future and it's hard to believe we're at that point!
Post a Comment