Here is the quote:
When
our daughter, Emi, was a little girl, she liked to watch my every move
as I got ready for church. After observing my routine, she would comb
her hair and put on her dress, and then she would always ask me to put
on some “shiney.” The “shiney” she referred to was thick, gooey cream
that I used to prevent wrinkles. As requested, I would put it on Emi’s
cheeks and lips, and she would then smile and say, “Now we are ready to
go!” What Emi didn’t realize is that she already had her “shiney” on.
Her face glowed because she was so pure and innocent and good. She had
the Spirit with her, and it showed.
I
wish every... woman... would know and understand
that your beauty—your “shine”—does not lie in makeup, gooey cream, or
the latest clothing or hairstyles. It lies in your personal purity. When
you live the standards and qualify for the constant companionship of
the Holy Ghost, you can have a powerful impact in the world. Your
example, even the light in your eyes, will influence others who see your
“shine,” and they will want to be like you. Where do you get this
light? The Lord is the light, “and the Spirit enlighteneth every man
through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.” A divine light comes into your eyes and countenances when you draw close to your Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
That’s how we get the “shiney”!
Here is the homemade gift. Lip gloss:
I hope they like it!
~Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment