OK.I think my SIL Dani, gets her package in the mail today. So now I can post this legally. I sent her some hopefully useful hand-me-downs, and my MEDIOCRE HANDMADE GIFTS for Grace, who is due to come into this world on June 4th.Here is what I have:
The skirt is technically for 3-6 months. If it were me, I might try putting it on her at about 10 lbs...
The hair accessories are hopefully the best made items here. I have the most experience with those. Four flower barrettes that will easily clip on to the black, blue or white headbands, and a corker bow clip:
Lastly, a vinyl changing pad. I wanted to sew this, but it wasn't working out so well and I lost patience. Hot glued it instead. So in light of that I suppose it is not machine washable...
So here they are:
After making these, I decided I wanted to learn some crochet basics. Beware, some inadvertent photography happened here, and these booties look WAY better in the picture than in real life:
So there you go Grace! None of us have met you yet but we love you to pieces! :) Don't worry Spencer, as you can see, I avoided too much purple. I warn you though, you will never believe how much you can really love pink and purple until you see them on your own little lady.
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
4 comments:
I got my package today and I love it all!!!! I'm so excited to try out the little skirt especially--I have so many cute onesies to go with it! Thanks so much Maggie!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take pictures of her with them when she gets here:)
PS. Those booties are sooo cute! I have tried crochet and I CANNOT DO IT and those look very advanced to me.
Maggie, that is an adorable gift package for your upcoming niece! Nice job!
Great job on all of them! All of them were fabulous, the hairbows were my favorite, but I was very impressed with the booties!! So nice of you! ;)
Post a Comment