Monday, February 14, 2011

When I Get Big...

When I (Zeke) get big:

♥I'm gonna go to the gym
♦I'm gonna drink Slimfast
♣ I'm gonna get in trouble..... (?!)
♠I'm gonna go to church by myself
♥ I'm gonna go to work with Daddy

After a day of school where he feels particularly proud of himself, he exclaims, "I'm getting bigger!"

Reid is progressing in Nursery. Actually participates AND uses words. I had to pull him out of the room yesterday (because he didn't want to go). His words are so silly. Instead of saying his hard "C" sounds he substitutes "F". For example, foat (coat), and fean (clean). One of the weird ones is fockett (chocolate). He substitutes the "CH" sound, but pronounces the second "C". Some words he says correctly are car, cat, truck and cake.

Gwen is beginning to swat things and she frequently grabs my fingers and shirt when nursing. She tries to be cheerful even though she gets flustered after coughing fits, and runs out of energy very easily. Darn RSV! Our home teacher came over to help Matt give Gwen a blessing. Zeke watched and for a while this morning he was putting his hands on our heads and mumbling. Glad he has amazing examples to mimic.

Matt is overwhelmed pretty much every day at work. His whole team seems to be. They have been approved through the bureaucracy to hire more people, but still can't for reasons he'd have to explain. It is a mess, but he keeps showing up! Just happy to have employment, ay?

This is the family I love!
~The Hoveys

No comments: