The mind is a fantastic thing. It helps me type and ignore my tantrum making children at the same time! Kidding-kinda.
Typically, people with Gwen's condition have a high pain tolerance. Wacky, right? Well, I have this open sore on the bottom of my heel and every time I step on it I feel it hurt. My brain just immediately lets me know that I should have put a Band Aid on it by now. But when I first noticed it, I thought of Gwen. What a life she will lead! Not just because of the pain tolerance but what a sacrifice she has made just to come here, get a physical body, and prove herself to her Heavenly Father! Wow. Love her!
On a sad note, I took all three kiddos to the doctor, and while the boys have simple colds, Gwen has RSV! I mean, where did she get it from? :-( Bleh.
Now I haven't weighed myself in a while, nor have I been to the gym a ton. But as of yesterday I'm up to date.
Starting weight: 184.4
Current weight: 182
I am currently just trying to get into shape so that I can start the marathon training. I have to say that I remember how hard training is. So knowing that I'm not even to that standard yet is so daunting! It plays such games with my mental health. A goal so out of reach. BUT I know I can do it.
Hope this post finds you well,
The Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
3 comments:
Poor Gwen! That's interesting about the pain tolerance thing. Hope the RSV isn't too bad of a case. As for the weight loss-don't go to hard on yourself! You are nursing and a busy mother of three! That being said, I always use the nursing to help burn calories and lose weight after babies. I usually count sugar grams (no more than 25-30 a day) and it really helps!
Sorry to hear about the RSV :(
Glad to hear about the weight loss. Way to go!
Don't worry, I'm way behind you in marathon training!!! Plus I have a lot more weight than you to lose;) Just think with all this spring weather we are having you can start getting out and walking and stuff!
Post a Comment