Thursday, January 20, 2011

Commitment Issues & Weigh in #2

Alright!
I want to make my weigh in days on Thursdays but I weighed on Monday anyway and the result was baffling. It helped that I had only eaten one meal prior to the workout, but that didn't help with the whole weight loss I hope! Anyway, I'll show you what I mean:

Starting weight: 184.4
Current weight: 182

The first weigh in I had gained and was exactly 185. I lost three pounds? So THIS is progress I guess. Hope to keep it up! I probably won't be able to make it back to the gym this week, so I went ahead and documented Monday's results.

Last September I started to teach Zeke how to read. It didn't work out because he was not ready.We took a break, we started back up and he is excelling! It is amazing what a couple months can do for a child's development. That and I was not pregnant and hormonal...
Got a video. Have to tell you a couple things first. He kept trying to jump ahead and read the story, and I kept holding him back to do the rest of the lesson first. By the time I took the video, he'd read it a couple times and wasn't in the mood to perform for the camera. So, not exactly what I was hoping to record for the histories, but oh well. Zeke has a paperclip chain. One paperclip for each lesson he completes. It is a goal to be able to take the paperclip off the chain, placing it in a bowl. Every ten paperclips, there is a reward, and I hope the reward for the completion of the lessons will be that he gets to pick a brand new book. We will see. I think it is a good idea! :-)


Last night after bath time, Reid came to me in his towel to get help into his pj's. He was dripping a little from himself, and said, "Poop!" I asked him if he needed to pee, and after he confirmed it I asked if he wanted to try it in the potty. He agreed so I ran him to the bathroom and he peed in the toilet! Perhaps I will not wait so long to train him. But that is where my post title comes in: Commitment Issues! I'll admit it. I have it. But am willing to get over it if it means saving on money for diapers! I am just impressed that he had that much bladder control when he told me he had to go.

So proud of my kids!!
~The Hoveys

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Are you using, "How to Teach your Child to Read in 100 easy lessons" or something close to that title? It is what my mom used to teach me how to read!!!