Sunday, January 30, 2011

Catch Up

I've decided we should invest in a scale here at home. That way, I can weigh myself on a consistent schedule. Instead, I just weigh myself at the gym when I can. Without that consistency, it is pointless to document it!

starting weight: 184.4
Current weight: 184.8


I even thought not to document it lest it is good news, but that would then defeat the purpose...
Anyway, maybe this week I'll invest in said scale.

I am behind on a handful of things. Here are Gwen's three month pictures:
Reid is going to get his 2 year pictures taken tomorrow.
Gwen has a follow-up appointment at the ophthalmologist tomorrow. She should have had a follow-up with the pediatric neurologist by now, but snow rescheduled that for March 1st.
We went to the 37th annual Walk for Life in Lincoln, yesterday. It was reported that 4,000 people came! Great speaker too. You really should click on the article I linked. It's a goody.
I of course have the traditional pictures of the balloon ceremony, but a couple others too. :) My mom actually has a few on her phone I'd like her to send me. HINT HINT :)
I wanted to leave the house at 8:30. The Walk started at 10. We didn't leave until 9! Matt said the prayer before leaving asking that we get there on time. As soon as he said that I thought oh no! They are going to start late!
Well, they did. :) Unbelievable, I know.
The Walk begins on the West side of the State Capitol Building where a statue of President Abraham Lincoln stands solemnly in front of his Gettysburg Address.Here is Mom among the other ladies who organize this event. They started late because the Mass across the street went a little late and their congregation consists of maybe a third of our audience. So for them we waited.Here we were, bundled up and ready for action! The balloons mean a lot to me. The simple gesture completely symbolic of the 53 million + children of God since the ruling of Roe vs. Wade, who will not have the opportunity to practice God given agency in this probationary state as their parents have. I almost feel that if I didn't take a picture of them every year, they are as silent as the deaths of the babies they represent.After the Walk we spent the afternoon playing with Cousins! I (we) got to meet Heather and Ben's foster daughter, Addy. She is so cute!!!
After returning to Omaha, Matt twisted my arm until I agreed not to cook for dinner (silent giggles of joy), so we went to Valentino's buffet. Zeke was so thrilled with how his day turned out that even during Primary at church he told me he wanted to have another day where he got to see Grandma and Eli and eat pizza. Yep! Slice of Heaven for him.

I am overwhelmed with joy and happiness. Matt and I have each other, and we have Ezekiel, Reid and Gweneth. I am in awe of such blessings.
~The Hoveys

1 comment:

Kyra and Ben said...

That is neat that you got to participate in the event. And Valentino's--that brings back many mouthwatering memories:) And as far as the weight loss thing, I have often thought of just posting every other week but thus far have kept it to every week (guess I might change) When I first started I had a really tough time going back and forth for a few weeks so it was a relief to finally break through--You CAN do it:)