Monday, August 16, 2010

"As We Touch the Temple, the Temple Will Touch Us."

"As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us."
-Thomas S. Monson

In preparation for our temple visit, Matt sketched Winter Quarters and the boys got to color the temple as they learned some special things about it. They did hand prints that are barely visible, and basically graffiti-ed it, but what can you do? But if you will observe, Reid is coloring left handed, and Zeke right.
We did that on Sunday night and Monday we visited. Zeke was VERY excited! We each were I think. Zeke was especially because he had to learn a tough lesson. We intended to do this the week before, but he was too ornery and had to learn that he couldn't go to the temple with his attitude. Tough on all of us because we wanted to go.

We visited the Trail Center first because they had an exhibit. Photography of the life of the Savior. Sorry, I don't know who the photographer was! But it was amazing. Matt really wants to find a print of the one of the resurrected Savior.
My boys:
The ultrasound was pretty uneventful, thank goodness! Gwen's head is still measuring normal, and everything else seems to be good.
Thanks still for your continued prayers and fasting!!
~the Hoveys

2 comments:

Christine said...

How far away is the temple?? What a nice trip and a neat way to teach the kids about it! Great job both of you.

Good news about the ultrasound too!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I remember visiting that temple on our Nauvoo tour out west. I love the stained glass and the window in the visitors center that looks out on the graves and temple and says something like, "O Death where is thy sting, O Grave where is thy victory?" and I think it was so perfect that site with all of its history.