Wednesday, June 2, 2010

♥Our Memorial Day♥

TDAmeritrade was one of the sponsors for a five mile race held out at Boys Town. Proceeds went to their hospital (I think!). We dropped Matt off and intended to meet him at the starting line. It did not quite work out that way, and the first time we saw him was at the four mile mark!
I wanted specifically a picture of him crossing the finish line. Not a video. It DID NOT work out very well!!!!!!! The left hand side of the picture you see the left side of his body! So he ran it in just over 45 minutes.


Later, Matt was doing yard work and was making sure the boys kind of stayed out of his way, when the ice cream truck comes down the street. We had some cash for once, so we went for it.

We later went to a picnic where we brought the camera but never used it. Many of our friends from the old ward were there. SO FUN! Beautiful weather too.
On the way home from the picnic we stopped at Lowe's ("the blue store"). We bought a lawn mower. Yay! It was a used one that had gotten returned (for a reason we don't know-fishy!), so the price depreciated and we got it for cheaper. Exciting!
We had a phenomenal Memorial Day and hope you did too. God Bless America and all those who fought to get us here! Let it not be in vain.
~the Hoveys

1 comment:

Christine said...

Whoah I guess I haven't been over in awhile. You've had some fun stuff going on. I love all your sightseeing and especially seeing up to date pictures of your family (or in-laws)! We haven't seen them in awhile. I know growing up Uncle Roger was one of our favorites. His laugh was the best. Way to go on the running!! I haven't run in awhile and I'm dreading starting up again :)