Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Farewell

Last Thursday I lost a friend to liver cancer. Tina Brown was a breast cancer survivor. Her mother and brother are members of the church and Tina was content to be a lifelong "dry Mormon". She took discussions in our home and we gave her a ride to church each Sunday. One day she traveled to Florida (I think) to help her mom move closer to her, and while she was gone, got baptized. She came back and gave us a copy of the program she had made for it. It included us in the 'special thanks to' section.
She had one surviving daughter who had two sons. Whenever Sister Brown bought them an outfit her daughter didn't like, she gave it to us! She was generous. She was blunt and lovingly opinionated. I loved her for that. The most stalwart Visiting Teaching Supervisor you'd meet, she could never understand why you didn't get one hundred percent all the time.
She invited me to the temple when she took out her endowments just more than a year ago. I had the pleasure of meeting her family.

If you will forgive me I will move on to a different topic. In the mail a few days past we received the tax credit for first time home buyers. We cannot wait to put up a fence, etc.! We put some of it to the only debt that is incurring interest: The van. Woo! the van is paid off! Now it is only a matter of time before it breaks down irreparably....

The Ultrasound is coming one week after tomorrow; The 17th. I had a dream last night we are having a boy. I just know I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I think we are getting closer to having a name ready for both genders.

Wascally wabbit! If only the rabbits in our yard were as intelligent as Bugs Bunny! There are two or three rabbit holes discovered in our yard and one of them is an absolute crater! I think a pellet gun is a much smarter buy than a cat, but something has got to get rid of them. Matt accidentally scared two kits out of their hiding place. and one of them got away but the other found its way into the garage! We couldn't get it out and at times were unsure whether it was still in there. Well Matt confirmed that it was one night. So that night and the next morning- think me crazy, I prayed and prayed I could find that rabbit alive and get it out. It didn't happen right away, but I found it, moved it, and I believe it is going to make it. In my humble opinion, a prayer answered.

Well the boys are doing well. We are all well. We're just making it. The boys and I walked two mile round trip to the library for story time. They both (yes, even Reid) loved it! First time we'd ever done it and won't be the last. You just gotta make do without a car, and that is that!

Hope this post finds you well,
the Hoveys

1 comment:

Kyra and Ben said...

Sounds like she was a great lady.
We too are a one car family and it isn't always easy to make do but now that we're out in the country the kids can be entertained outside. Glad you found that rabbit.