Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Girl and her Flowers

Within our BARREN WASTELAND of a yard, there are some pretty flowers. Mostly rose bushes, I couldn't tell you what they are beyond that.

And this marvelous group of wild flowers is something I've wanted for SO LONG! Last year I observed them growing on the side of highways and freeways mostly. But they got mowed over before I could pull over and pick them. I was so sad about that! Well, this year I took action. They took my breath away when I approached them. So much more prettier than from the car. Anyway, I skinned my knees climbing a retaining wall, picked a dozen, brought them home and I'm in love! Every May on my birthday I look at the other wild flowers that grow here. They are purple and yellow. Dad brought home those flowers for me on my birthday when I was maybe six or seven. I love flowers- albeit the cut ones, because I can't really keep planted ones alive...

♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥
Matt has a hammock that he bought on his mission in Guatemala. He hung it outside of his apartment in our singles ward. It was what I sat on as we talked about the interest we had in each other and thought we should date. So, later, it was the scene in which he proposed. Now we get to hang it outside our first home!
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

The Bird House
We got a bird house at Wildcat hills and assemble it tonight. Here is Matt helping Zeke write on it:


Zeke is adding the final touches:

YAY!! The finished product:
Reid and I were manning the glue gun:~The Hoveys

No comments: