Here is just one of the neat things about this house. Or maybe just because it is a house and not an apartment on the third story! We are constantly entertained by doves, blue jays, cardinals, squirrels, rabbits, and the occasional neighbor cat.
Before I forget this silly story I must write it down. Course since moving in, we've made lots of trips to stores for certain things. Zeke's favorite is Walmart ("Allmart"). He also enjoys Target ("the red store"), Home Depot ("the orange store") and his new favorite is Lowes ("the blue store"). I took him into the bathroom after he nearly used the model toilets for his immediate needs... and he sees their big blue stalls. "I like the blue store!" he exclaims. But when he hopped off the toilet and it flushed itself, he jumped a mile startled, and said, "I don't like the blue store's sound!" But then thoroughly enjoyed the automatic sink and hand dryer. Silly kid!
Reid loves airplanes! The Air force base and Millard airport airplanes fly over us frequently, and he drops what he is doing to find the source of the noise. He can now add "daw-daw" to his list of words. It means dog. He got really excited at the sight of a squirrel and called it a daw-daw. When he barks it comes out as "ffff ffff". Very cute.
Well our previous ward gave me a call a couple weeks ago asking me if I'd come back and help them sing at Stake Conference. That'll be tomorrow. I got to sing in our ward conference last week, now it'll be the Stake this week. I don't know how well I can do because I am still struggling with the same cold and cough I had during the Stake Easter concert! Very frustrating. But I love to sing!Our Stake President said how glad he was to see our faces in this ward. He said the rule is that if you move out of your ward, you must stay in the stake; and we were following that rule well.
This post is several days old. When I was trying to post it the computer gave out on me. Turns out that the problem was the graphics card. It was not the right card for the computer!
I went to a Relief Society meeting where they had previously picked six sisters to share missionary stories. They ALL chose them from their missions. I soon found I wasn't the only disappointed one that nobody shared stories more recent or local. Not a big deal, but there is just so many to be had! All in all though, it was a great meeting!We had a BBQ at the bishop's house and one other couple. SO fun! His wife, my friend Nancy, is in the Primary presidency, and she said how excited she is that I'll be with Scouts and Primary. She said a lot of other people wanted me. I am so grateful to be able to serve in our "two calling minimum ward" as Bishop calls it. :)
Zeke's Play-Doh snowman:
Playing in the back yard. No that barbed wire fence is not ours. It is the golf course across the street:
Reid's funny hairdo:
Our funny sleeper:
3 comments:
so funny about the loud toilet. At least he likes going into those stores rather than throwing a fit about going inside. I'm glad you are liking your new ward. It's true about "two calling minimum" wards, it does make you get to know people a lot faster.
Oh my gosh I LOVE the idea of a "Child of the week"! I'll have to remember that!
Weren't you in cub scouts in your old ward, or were you just in the primary? I'm in scouts.
Glad that you are having fun in your new ward, sometimes it can be a hard transition.
Post a Comment