The Lied Jungle
Located at your friendly neighborhood Henry Doorly Zoo
We had both sides of the family brave Interstate 80 conditions to come see us just after Christmas and for New years. If you have an inkling of the snow we've seen, you know how much our families love us!
Matt's parents and brother and sister came to us on the Tuesday after Christmas. One of the things we got to do together was go to the zoo. "In December?" you ask. Yes.
Here is LeGrand, Matt and Zeke checking out the scenery:
Here is what we all should try to avoid being (a sloth):
The penguin bubble:
That fish isn't anything special, but I really liked that star fish!
We traveled to the Coral Reef next!
The shark tank:
Mmmmmm shrimp!
Not a great picture, but of seahorses!
These pictures I thought were just neat!
We went to the desert next. Now, many of you know how much my children love to bounce against the back of furniture. Well, I'm taking pictures and don't realize that Reid decided to test the bounce of the rock behind him. Hence the second of the two pictures...
At the swamp:
The beavers and their glowing eyes!
the Gorilla House. All the ones dwelling outside were of course removed, in light of this change to their habitat: (I thought it looked pretty cool!)
Here is everybody trying to get Reid to smile for LeGrand's camera. Zeke and I (sitting off in the distance) thought it was pretty funny.
This was one of many peacocks (Zoo pigeons-as I call them!) huddled together close to the window.
The Cat house. I thought this leopard's eyes were intense. I can't wait to reinstall the Photo Shop CS2 program to enhance these cat pictures.
~The Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment