Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Ones that Escaped!

A few pictures that somehow escaped my notice will be posted today!

Matt carving the turkey:


Alright, now a couple silly ones of Reid:


Grandma Hovey sent the boys their Fisher Price Nativity Scene:

We did a count down to Thanksgiving by writing down something we are grateful for every day. Also our advent chain, for the arrival of Christmas:

Lastly, our Tree. TONS of fun to put it up, we'll see how long it stay standing. Zeke has already thrown a tantrum behind it and Reid loves to pull off the sparkly bulbs. :)


We love Rhode's frozen bread dough around here. Last Sunday, I pulled them out to start some rolls before going to church. When we got home I went into the kitchen only to find I hadn't put the rest of the bag back in the freezer! Having to bake them all, we ate rolls for days.
We went to Lincoln for our niece's baby blessing. Bryar is SO sweet!! It started snowing when we got into town, and it wouldn't stop. In light of that it was a slow ride home. Cars in the ditches and medians. Cops pulled over helping them.... I looked at Matt and said we needed a 72 hour kit in the car!
I had the fortunate opportunity to attend the temple twice this week. The second time I stayed to help clean. Having never done that before, I gained a new appreciation for the beauty of the temple. Definitely testimony that our tithing is spent well (in purchasing things such as Windex)!!!! :)
All is well enough, here. Take it easy!!!
~Hoveys

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those rolls are awesome! Sometimes you can get really good coupons for those and add an albertson's doubler on top of it and I think I paid about 75cents for them! woohoo! Just FYI incase you coupon clip

Christine said...

I love that nativity set. I debated buying one when the kids were younger and now I wish I had. My daughter's favorite thing is to play with the real nativity scene...but she hasn't broken one yet so I can't complain. :) Good luck getting ready for Christmas I know it's busy.

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

What a beautiful tree! We just put up our 3 foot tree from Walmart. Even though we're in a house now we're not ready to part with our simple tree, although Carter can carry it around. :-) Thanks for the reminder about a 72 hr kit.