First off, we had thanksgiving, of course! I made a nine and a half pound turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, zucchini bread and two pumpkin pies. Where were the vegetables and fruit you ask? Potatoes and pumpkin pie of of course... Just kiddn'. The biggest setbacks were too much salt in the stuffing (I followed the recipe!), and we ran out of butter. :( My cousin, Mariah, says butter is overrated anyway. Ha ha!
Matt ran a 10K on Thanksgiving morning. We knew about it thanks to my friend, LanaMarie. He actually ran a little more than that. About 7 and a 1/2 miles. It was a non competitive fun run at Lake Zorinski. I wanted the boys and me to be there and support him. We spent most the time in our warm van eating breakfast. Matt ran it in 1 hour and 3 minutes, there about.
Matt and LanaMarie are looking at the camera in the tan and blue.



On Thanksgiving evening, we bundled up and headed downtown to the Omaha Lights Festival. One million lights around the Jim Leahy Mall. We didn't bring a camera, but I kinda regretted that. It was stunning. Though, I am told it doesn't hold a candle to Temple Square. One day I'll see it for myself.
Zeke is too much fun. Yesterday, I called for Matt from the kitchen, and Zeke says, "Matt's in the bathroom!" You mean Dad?
He went shopping with me on Saturday. Four stores in two hours, no cart and no bringing home any toys he saw. There was a ledge he walked across and the last step was wobbly. Later, walking back in that direction, he wanted to walk the ledge again, but remembered the first step to be insecure, and skipped it! He shows me more common sense and wisdom than I give him credit for. I also learned that as much as Zeke likes to go with us places, he is a male and therefore not wired to shop for long periods of time. :) Sorry kiddo!
Thanks to Reid, we keep finding random things placed in random places. He really enjoys doing that. He loves it when Dad helps him walk around, but I don't think he is close to doing that on his own. However, he tries (unsuccessfully) to stand up on the middle of a room. He got some attention during Sunday School, I hear. He did his 'tired' head banging on the floor, and when he fell asleep, he did an occasional twitch. Seriously though, the head banging is just too silly! He will put his head down when he wants to crawl fast, but then go crooked and risk hitting something. Our boys are better than TV.
Here the boys are on Friday, watching the Huskers win!!!! (Blurry because they're bouncing)
Then On Saturday we watched BYU win in our Cougar blue
Well, I am sure there is more, but I cannot think of it, and the post is already lengthy.
Hope your Thanksgiving was just as spectacular!!!!
~The Hoveys
3 comments:
You guys are always doing something. Way to keep active! Your boys are very cute, and it appears they are into football. My husband really, really enjoyed watching BYU beat Utah.
That video is priceless! What a fun family you have!
Love that the boys are wearing team colors as they watch the game!
Post a Comment