Let me tell you how yesterday went. It all started when I realized the weather was nice enough in the morning, that if we were to go outside that day it had to be right then.
I thought I saw a wild flower that I wanted to pick, and after that I'd take the boys to a playground close to the church. A forty minute round trip pushing the boys in a double stroller underneath the freeway. The flower wasn't there but awe well. When at the playground, Reid pooed out on himself (though that's a given), me and the stroller. We went home, and Zeke was so worn out he fell asleep on the couch before lunch. He didn't wake up before he wet himself and the couch. So now I had to clean up Reid and Zeke and their messes.
I started the laundry. Second load in, I dyed whites pink. Lastly, I'm in the bathroom trying to clean, and Zeke says, "Mommy, oh boy!" I came out expecting the worst, and he had managed to open a bottle of nail polish and get it on the couch, minutes before friends were coming over. He was authentically mortified for that, because he really didn't mean to.
I wondered what else could happen. Well, I was just grateful that we are all happy and healthy, no broken bones or anything. And the night ended splendidly when I got to eat candy and watch Harry Potter on a girl date with my friend, Rachel.
I've got some sweet videos of Reid that will have to be uploaded through youtube I think. One day you might see them
Hope this post finds you well.
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
4 comments:
Crazy stories! The nail polish one is the most tragic. I loved the video! Oh, Sam is 16 months, almost getting to the 18 month stage, so I really don't know what his deal is. I feel bad for him sometimes. It's got to be hard to grow!
These are the best days to record because your kids will love to hear about them when they are older. (even though they are exasperating now!)
The kids love to hear the crazy things they did when they were little.
Great footage, Maggie! Its Zekie how we'll always remember him - bouncing on the couch. Funny how he's taught his little bro the trick too. :) Sorry about all the messes.
Wow, that certainly sounds discouraging. At least you got time to go out and see Harry Potter (how was it by the way?) I noticed at church how Reid's picking up on the Zeke signature move:)
Post a Comment