I loved that show, growing up!!I had a couple "Did I do that?" moments this week. If LanaMarie is reading this she already knows the first one. I was commenting on her blog saying stuff about how I agreed with the theory she has about some measurements she took, and that I thought her hair looked pretty at church. Little did I know until after I posted it that I did it in Matt's screen name! I was laughing so hard I could barely tell Matt what I had done. But then I couldn't erase it so I had to ask LanaMarie to. I know the Thornes had a good chuckle at my expense.
The other moment wasn't embarrassing, thankfully. I made a BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS recipe that was created in 1944 during war times. The recipe is meant to skimp on ingredients such as eggs, butter and sugar. It is magical because it bakes a layer of brownies on top and pudding on the bottom. As we sat to eat it, we put in the movie "Saints and Soldiers". My "Did I do that?" moment was when I realized we were eating a dessert created for that very war time era. Pretty neat!
I got my new glasses!!! I love them.
We started to begin food storage this week. We already had some stocked up because of Matt's parents and Grandma and Grandpa Ward, but we are planning and budgeting for three months worth of meals. We are excited about it. I had so much food in my cart that I peaked the cashiers interest, and I got to talk about it.In closing, I'll share another famous Steve Urkel quote: "I don't have to take this, I'm going home!"
5 comments:
I love stocking up on food storage...there's just something about having a ton of food around that I like. I love the glasses!
Ha ha!! So funny!
It's good to be able to laugh at ourselves.
I belong to a meal swap group and I actually got two women discussing how much Salsa I had in my cart last week...right in front of me.
One turns to the other..."Look at how much Salsa she's buying!"
OK. I was at Sam's club at the time so whats the big deal. Everyone buys lots of stuff there:)
Cute glasses! Check out the button on my blog for food storage tips. It's a great website.
I love your glasses. I'll have to hear your plan for food storage. I need to work on that.
I was once used my parents computer to blog and I guess Alissa had already used it and I was logged in as her and was comenting on someones blog who didn't know her. Oh well. The glasses look really cool, now you just have to keep them away from the kiddos (yeah right).
Post a Comment