Monday, June 15, 2009

Charlotte's Web and Super Why

Over my breakfast cereal on Sunday morning, I pondered on the scene in the cartoon version "Charlotte's Web", where Wilbur begs Charlotte to let go a fly she was going to have for breakfast. I wondered why the fly didn't have intelligence? The pig talks, the rat sings, the goose stutters and the spider shares wisdom. But what of the fly? My mind wandered to this point because for some reason there was an abundance of flies outside our balcony doors. Zeke let a couple in so later when one was trying to get out through the screen, I opened it a little and then shooed it through showing Zeke I had the skill to do it without bloodshed. After that Matt said, "Zeke, Mommy is gonna be Charlotte today." Maybe you'd have to be there, but I thought it was pretty funny.Zeke and Reid enjoying the book The Boy With a Drum


Zeke took a few pictures with the camera and this was one of them. Reid was fussing.


I made this cute little guitar for Zeke out of cardboard. I don't think it lasted an hour- because as he loved it, he didn't realize it wasn't water proof...
Now, a few weeks ago, I saw an add saying Super Why was going to make an appearance at Elmwood park. It would have been on a Sunday, so we didn't go. Then I saw that he AND Princess Pea were coming to the Omaha Children's Museum. Sadly, they charge an arm and a leg. So again Whyatt eludes us!! Until next time!!

No comments: