Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Don't Think it Worked














I was at the doctor today, and have shown progression. I've dilated another centimeter, have good blood pressure and have still gained no weight. I gave her a date that she can work with to try to set up a cesarean if needed. I've been joking around that the baby won't know who I am unless I jab him violently, because every time I contract I jab myself to see if it thats what it really is. My doctor decided she would "vigorously" check me to see if she could "motivate" the baby along. Not to be too graphic, but while she felt for his head I was freaking out!! (The previous sentence was edited upon the request of Matt who was compassionately thinking of my brothers who might be reading this.) I haven't had any contractions that I'd correlate to her doing that, but maybe they're yet to come. That's why the header is 'I Don't Think it Worked'. Oh, by the way, I am 39 weeks today.
The receptionist knew my name as I walked in today... That tells me it is time to pop! We'll see when Reid wants to come.
Well, that last entry was the Christmas letter that if I have your email, you've already received, but I'm covering my bases. :)
I am so proud of Matt. He has successfully passed that test. In light of that, I was going to make him a nice dinner that he asked for, but because I was a major ingredient short, we had sloppy Joe's instead. He was still graciously accepting of my effort.
We are in day4 of the treatment of Zeke's second bout of pink eye in, what, a month? We apparently can't keep up with the multi-tasking pinky finger.

Oh! I don't think I've posted anything about this... the TDAmeritrade semi-formal Christmas Party. For the first time in almost three years of marriage, we danced in public. I bit into the most raw piece of chicken I've ever seen, and the dessert was awesome. :) We had a table neighbor take a quick snapshot of us, and that is all we took.
I want to specially thank everyone who has helped babysit Zeke in the crunch time moments. Your friendship is irreplaceable.
Note on the header picture (our '08 family shot), I airbrushed it. I don't deny it. It was fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's awesome! That little boy will be here soon!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Best of luck with the baby. Happy pushing!!

kristin said...

how exciting! it will be an extra merry christmas for you guys this year!