Saturday, September 13, 2008

What do you do When it is Raining?

To answer the question of the post's title, I'm glad the Cat in the Hat didn't show up, or something. No need to make a messy house worse. Zeke has had a cold all week and that would normally make one leery of letting him go outside in the rain... but not me. I just bundled him up and let him do his thing on the balcony. It was kinda sad for Zeke whenever a plane audibly flew overhead, because it was nowhere to be seen.

It was however annoying whenever the balcony's screen door was left open. Zeke'll push on it when it is closed. One night he went running at it full speed ahead, and Matt and I are bracing ourselves for the worst, when to our surprise, Zeke fell straight forward onto the balcony, because he'd previously opened it and had forgotten. He cried mostly from embarrassment and we were trying VERY hard not to laugh. It looks like he was belly flopping into a pool. Wish we had the film rolling!


Ward choir announced that we and one other ward will be singing together at stake conference. Scary? Heck yeah. I can't walk up on the stage without getting winded, so I'm nervous about personal performance. Awe who cares, at least I'm not speaking. I wonder if I'll wind up on camera. :)


Zeke and I wandered the neighborhood today. Truly the first opportunity we've had all week to do something outdoors. He'd point at every mud puddle and anything else undesirable looking and say, "Nuck!". I've got him trained well. :)
Alright, a couple more highlights from Zeke's first two years. When Cousin Ammon and Zeke first met, we had to get a comparison. Ammon was ten months old and Zeke about five days. Then Matt, the obvious artist, and me the want-to-be, gave a crack at drawing Zeke shortly after he turned one.

No comments: