What do I do except have fun with my soon-to-be two year old. Awe, the magic age where you don't feel prompted to be specific on how many months he's been alive when somebody asks you. "He's two," I shall say, and will wallow in it.
Anyway, unless I'm blocking out something someone wouldn't want to remember, there was nothing spectacular this week. Matt started his new position, and is getting the hang of it. He is also getting used to his new colleagues as it were. He said he's never worked around so many guys. He's used to listening to ladies who use little discretion in their conversations. One young woman in particular, has been very gracious and giving when it comes to toddler clothes. But she constantly tries to get Matt to fess up and say that he is like her boyfriend, or that all men are like her boyfriend. He'll come home and double check with me that he is not how she describes. I am a very lucky woman, people!
Oh my! I almost forgot about yesterday. We went to another baseball game where we forgot yet again to bring the camera. We have camera phones but none else can benefit from such things... Anyway. The first two innings took nearly two hours. We knew there was no way we were gonna see the fireworks. A shame. I really wanted Zeke to participate in watching that. He was already wide eyed at the new experience anyway. Every time a child lost control of their helium balloon, Zeke was there to point it out and watch until it was out of view. He actually wound up on the "fan camera" during the game. That was funny. Don't know the outcome of the game, but I'm sure we lost miserably. It was not the Royals' night.
Oh my, again! Before the game I got some "me" time and went thrift shopping. My efforts were geared around getting Zeke's BDay gifts. I will never be so fortunate in my findings again. I found some amazing trucks and a construction digger-thing. A bag to put those in with "The Incredibles" on the front, several books in terrific condition, and the prize of all prizes: A "Cars" foam rubber toddler chair that unfolds into a bed! It is perfect because we plan on getting Zeke a "Cars" blanket for a hopefully easier transition to a toddler bed. Now that you all know, there is no reason to stick around for the gift opening portion of the day. Just kidding. But I got all of those things for a grand total of $14.45. Is that good Mom, or what? ha ha.
Heaven knows his Birthday isn't for another month. So I'm going to need more excuses for some "me" time in the near future. :)
I got an interesting interruption during my Primary class today at church. Zeke was brought in with an ice pack for his forehead. He climbed the chair so he could climb the table, but the table was just out of reach. I've got pictures with and without the flash so you can see the color and dimension of the goose egg. :) When he got tired of my lap three other women in Primary kind of fought over holding him. It was funny to watch. I guess they go for the vulnerable ones. Sorry to those who missed their chance. He's been beaned on different sides of his head TWICE since church thanks to Daddy's rough housing! Goodness!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, the third pic is when Zeke got to my lipstick right before we had to leave somewhere. He went just as he looked. I didn't care!!!
5 comments:
It's so fun to see photos/videos and hear stories when we live so far away. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Yay for thrift shopping. I've been doing that here and there for Natalie and have gotten some great toys for SO cheap. They're just as good as new. That'll be our Christmas and birthday strategy for her for the next few years while Mark is in law school. :) And Zeke's words are so cute. It'll be fun to have a 2 year old.
Maggie I've now got you added to my blog list so I can stay up on you and your family. To answer your question we moved to TN for Ben to go to graduate school in psychology. And you want to know something funny? During the Olympics when we were watching the swimming I kept thinking of the Ashby's! By the way, your little family is very cute.
Hey girl! You look amazing! Sounds like life is exciting around your house. :)
What a cutie!!! I just want to rub his head all the time.
Post a Comment