Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gosh, it is Humid!

I thought Zeke and I could beat the heat going on our walk today. but what I didn't take into consideration was the complete lack of wind and mega amount of humidity! We were sweaty and irritable before we were even half way finished. Nevertheless, I wanted to get it done because we hadn't taken a walk like that for a while- with the exception of our Dollar Store hike that I never mentioned. That is a memory I'd like to forget. :)

The video was taken during one of the more mellow moments of play between these two lovebirds. There were other moments where Zeke was giggling so hard! I've told some of you about this little girl before. She's got maybe three years on Zeke and more often acts as though she'd rather ignore him. But today she really made his afternoon by giving him such attention. He is in love.

Last Saturday Matt went off to save the world by donating his blood. I envy him for I enjoy doing the same. Instead, Zeke and I went to a beautiful park nearby. 'Twas the park that I attempted the 5K and got the shin splints. I hold no ill will. We had a blast at the playground and followed a trail down to the lake. There were some geese taking a leisurely walk also. Being so close to a bird of that caliber got Zeke very excited. However, the nature of a goose as we know, is not affectionate towards curious toddlers, so when it started hissing like the cross between a cat and a snake I grabbed Zeke and gingerly walked away. I got a picture on my phone so I guess you'll not be seeing it.

The newest words that Zeke has added to his vocabulary are-uh, interesting. He does say "mama" only when he feels like it, then there is "kiss" and "dang it". We are not very proud of the last one... but we still can't not laugh when he says it. I know, I know, it is totally encouraging the poor kid!

Alright, well, that about sums it up for the moment. Yay! Loving life!!

1 comment:

Kyra and Ben said...

Hello! It has been forever. I was glad to read your comment on the blog. Yes, I'd love to keep in touch by our blogs. Congratulations on the new baby on the way, and for your already super cute son. So where are you living now? I just moved to Tennessee so I'm a little behind in posting, but I'll catch up soon.