This last weekend was extremely entertaining. Friday night Matt had volenteered to help set up for a ward activity. It was a dessert auction to raise money for girls going to girls camp. Super fun except we forgot our checkbook. I don't know that we would have won a bid anyway, some of the desserts went for more money than we could ever commit to. One of the boys in our Primary class won one for $60. His mother gave us a plate of something else they won probably because we must have looked pitiful. I made a Better Homes and Garden recipe of "fudgy brownies", topped with vanilla icing, Famous Amos cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies and chocolate syrup drizzled. Very similar to Zeke's Birthday cake, but with a few variances. I don't know how much it sold for, but I hope they enjoy it. I want my cookie sheet back!
That happened Saturday night. Saturday throughout the day was sooo full of activities, and Matt and I were ready to represent!! At eight'o'clock in the morning we arrived in Papillion for the Stake "Run and not be Weary run/walk". A three point two mile trail in a beautiful park. Matt was fully prepared to run it but we both knew I'd be just pushing Zeke in the stroller at a walking pace. Matt came in sixth over all (fourth out of all the men). They actually had catagories of age groups and the first through third place people in those catagories received ribbons! I come strolling in along side a fellow scout leader (my boss if you wanna look at it that way) 55 minutes after starting and told the man which age group I'm in and it turns out I came in third! That was for the women. Matt came in second for his age group! How neat is that?! People were saying there should be a group for people pushing strollers! I agree. The two people who were not men that beat him were a lady in her twenties who happens to be a triathelon athelete, and an eight year old in our ward. He was funny. A Deacon challenged him to the race and they were frankly terrified of eachother. The Deacon had every cause for concern though as it was no contest! :)
We got home from that around Ten'o'clock, and at eleven Matt went to help a family who is moving to paint the outside of their home. With only five men helping, it was trying, but they got it done around five, I think. Matt came home early though as we were rotating parenting duties. I wanted to go to a baptism at two.
I got to the baptism and there was hardly a chair in the room that wasn't taken. How exciting! I went for the person of course, even though I didn't know who it was... but my intentions also were to be there because Mary Beth, the woman the Elders are teaching in our home, was invited too. I hope she had a good expirience. I hope she wants this for herself.
It was an eventful day and I am so glad we were able to take away so much from it.
Sunday... today, we woke early because of Ezekiel! I don't know why but he just wanted to stay awake! Matt graciously let me sleep a little longer but oh man! When I did get up, I woke up with shin splints. hence the title "Ooooh, Painful!" I'm slow moving for a while!
At church Matt was set apart with his President and the Second Counsilor. Good, good for him. I can see great things coming from this newly fired up Presidency. I'm excited to help and support him to magnify his calling, except that it means I will eventually lose his help in Primary!
Well I think that about sums it up. Pleasure chatting!
Maggie
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! I thought the vid of Zeke was too cute, too. I'm impressed at Matt's running! :) I hope your shin splints ease up soon--those are not fun.
You guys are getting pretty busy! We really appreciated Matt's help at the Spaghetti Dinner! He helped out a lot. Zeke is cute with the blocks :0)
Post a Comment