Friday, May 22, 2015

Getting Crafty

 A wonderful sister in our ward has been emailing myself and a handful of other sisters because she is downsizing and wants to give us her stuff. I couldn't be happier. I have delved into crafty things because of this woman. We have some new board games to play because of this woman. I am so grateful to her.
This post is all things crafty today. First up: Back in February I was at a Relief Society birthday celebration. I was nursing Dean under a blanket and a lady said I should use a nursing cover because they're awesome. I said I had one but it was dirty. She asked why I didn't have a backup and I was like, yeah, why don't I? So I made one. But then a friend had a baby. I gave it to her. I have yet to make another one, but I will.

I blogged before about a jewelry making class at the library. I came back the next month with a friend to make "up-cycled book planters." Below is the result. It currently sits on the dining room table by the window.

Same friend who got the nursing cover got these for her baby girl.

I tried to make this giraffe adorned bandana bib:

Made a comfort blanket/cuddle square/minky square for Dean. This one has no crinkle lining but I want to make one that does:

My neighbor had a baby girl on Monday. Last week I gave her these. A shirt with floral buttons/sequins, and embroidered stems, and a fabric flower clip. 

Made this one for my mom's door. Go Huskers!

Not pictured (yet) is the latest craft from a library class, and then a cute little family involved project that is close to completion.

*sigh*

When certain things turn out essentially how I hope, it is a happy day.

~Hoveys

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Crafty stuff keeps me sane and makes me feel like I've actually accomplished something. Motherhood on the other hand sometimes feels like I'm never accomplishing anything! Good stuff Maggie!

Christine said...

I haven't looked at blogs in a long time so I came over to catch up. I love all your crafts!!