Thursday, August 14, 2014

Offutt Air Force Base- Air Show 2014

I really, really wanted to try to get the family to the air show this year. The last time we went was in 2009, when it was unbearably hot and I got heat stroke because I had completed a mini triathlon earlier that day and apparently didn't hydrate well enough...

Anyway, the Blue Angels were there to perform. They announced that the Blue Angels hadn't made an appearance at this air show since 2009. So I was like, "Oh! We didn't miss anything."

Nobody got heat stroke. It wasn't too terribly hot, and it was very entertaining. Few things give a person pride in their country than jet fighters flying overhead.

So we waited in line... For a while... Any shade that there was the kids would take advantage of:
A shuttle took us to the base:

We got to tour gargantuan aircrafts:
 And sit inside vehicles:
 Or sit inside strollers:

 Tried to stay cool and hydrated:

There were some crazy visitors!


And amazing pilots:

Reid and Gwen fell asleep even with loud aircrafts zooming overhead:


 I'm really glad we all got to go.
~Hoveys







No comments: