I am the Primary Chorister in our ward. It is such a blast! I learn so much and hope that I teach as much as I learn. The gospel is true and it is an amazing experience to sing about it with special, choice spirits. We did a review game last week called the "Music Measles." If the children sang well, they were given stickers or measles. They could either stick them to themselves or on me. Let's just say I got most of the measles. Lots of people chuckled in my direction as I got to explain to them the reason for my appearance. One teacher said she just loves what I do with the kids. I love HER for saying that.
We sang in Sacrament Meeting for Father's Day and there are a couple of people in the ward whose opinions I highly value. One of them stopped me before I could leave the chapel and he said the kids were great- and audible. :) He said it wasn't just the influx of kids like when our wards combined, but the attitude of the chorister. That meant the world to me. I love the service and testimony I can give through this calling.
My friend and substitute pianist shared a story from a neighborhood event they had on Independence Day. A young lady in Zeke's CTR 7 class brings a friend frequently. This friend happened to be there on the Music Measles day too. She was at the neighborhood shindig and was confidently telling people how much fun it is to go to church with her friend because they sing songs and play with stickers! Made my day.
Next up. I found two four leaf clovers at the part last week. WHAT? Also, I took a very cute picture of Luke.
A shadow "Selfie" with Luke:
At our stake's Fun Run/Walk, Matt competed in the competitive portion, and came in 2nd to a teenager. GO MATT!
I love life. Oh, and by the way, the ultrasound is scheduled for July 17th. Stay tuned!
~Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment