Sunday, September 22, 2013

Memphis Nebraska

Matt had been telling the boys we'd go camping one more time this year. So we found a State Recreation Area in Memphis, Nebraska. Didn't know it existed before this past week. I'm so bad. I'm from Nebraska, but if the town isn't on the interstate, or if my in-laws don't live in it, I mostly likely haven't heard of it. Few exceptions there. Anyway, it was chilly. The overnight temperature was 40 degrees. Reminds me of when we went on a streak of sleeping in the tent next to the house as kids. As teens, actually. When it started to snow did we pack up the tent and call it quits? No. A hole was dug in the ground to place the tent in and several more blankets were added to the sleeping arrangements. I should mention that I was not among the siblings who participated. I slept in my warm bedroom.
Anyway, back to the present. Matt had actually gone to this same location with Zeke and Reid for the Father/Son campout earlier this year. So he was semi-familiar with the area.

We all wore hats to bed. Mine is the light blue one ignoring the photo shoot here:

Mister Luke did not sleep well. I would know. He woke me up to tell me so. 

Pretty! Mist on the lake.




Tether ball. Matt was a force to be reckoned with.

Skipping rocks. Matt was the only one who managed.

A rotten fish...


Anyway, good times.

~Hoveys

No comments: