Come Home to Kanesville, a local indoor pageant at the Kanesville Tabernacle located in Council Bluffs, Iowa, is going on at this time. Friends of ours are either acting in it or are helping produce it. The only family showings are on Saturdays at 4. Because of circumstances we couldn't all go last week, but one friend had his last performance on Tuesday, which we didn't want to miss. We couldn't get a babysitter so actually Matt stayed home and I just went solo. I am so glad that I did because although I'd have loved to share it with the kids and/or Matt, it wouldn't have worked out any other way. I got there 30 minutes early and stood behind a group of about 20 people who were being told that the tabernacle was full so there was no more room. It is a first come, first serve basis. Just then, the man making that announcement called out asking for a "party of one." My hand shot up and I probably jumped too as I exclaimed, "Me! Take me!"
I got in.
No flash photography was allowed. So I didn't get as many pictures I would have liked, and the pictures I did take were outdoors in the dark. Oh well.
Many saints lived here until Brigham Young, newly called as Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, charged the saints to travel to the Utah Valley.
Here is one angle of the tabernacle:
The Kanesville Visitor Center:
Some statues ☺:
The pageant is losing its sponsors, so this was the last year of production. A shame, as it was very good.
I saw friends there that had come to watch as I, but I also sat near some Elders who had brought investigators. They were charming. Told them all about Andrew's (my missionary brother) most recent email. They had a chuckle. YES ANDREW, they did. Ha ha.
Hope this post finds you well. (And all the other posts I've been bombarding your inbox with these past weeks.)
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment