Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vacation Part 1: Omaha Visits Scottsbluff

Friday the 28th after Matt got home from work early, we loaded the car, said good bye to the house and the lizard (whom was being taken care of), and headed to Scottsbluff. After lots of stops (I got really car sick and the kids bladders can only go so long) and a delay on the Interstate due to a fatal accident, we reached our destination at like two in the morning.
Saturday and Sunday were the two full days we could spend with Grandma, Grandpa and Faith.
On Saturday, we went swimming and watched "Star Wars: A New Hope"!

Reid LOVED this slide:


 Here I guess, is documentation of the kids watching "Star Wars."

 Saturday night we lit off some fireworks! Zeke tried to be brave. He did pretty well. Gwen thought she was scared so she stayed by Zeke but then joined the rest of us in the grass soon after. I don't see Luke so he must have been asleep.

 Sunday was a good day at church. A ton of families were gone so Sacrament Meeting was sparse. So much so, that I could tell as an alto, that I stood out. Especially obvious when children turn around to see where the joyful noise is coming from...
After that, the kids helped Grandma bake a cake:

 The drive there was hard on Luke. But the drive to Utah on Monday was not so hard on him or any of the others. Bless their hearts!
We wanted to picnic lunch in Laramie, Wyoming, but got rained out. A storm so intense, that it made Gwen cry.
At 8:30 at night, we pulled into Spackman's driveway in Springville, Utah. Welcomed warmly by some very enthusiastic cousins. Yay!
But that is for another post indeed. Until then!

~Hoveys


No comments: