The show was set to take place downtown during what was projected to be a good sized blizzard, this past Thursday. Matt didn't want us to go. I did. I won. He actually worked from home that day. I think a lot of people did.
So off we go. Suddenly downtown is full of event parking, and not just normal parking. Way to take advantage.*Grumble* The parking garage I decided to try was asking for $6 in cash. I discovered to my dismay, I only had $4 on me. Pleaded there be some way to take my card. He said to me that I just give him the two dollars less and find a spot. I was so thankful!!! I wasn't even wearing makeup... ;)
Anyway, we have fun looking at things from four stories up, and then taking the elevator down. It is REALLY cold at this point, okay. Really cold. We cross the street when I realize I didn't have the sheet given me with the reserved seats. Our ticket in. left it in the car. Oops. The kids were very cold but very patient with me. Very.
We were all very excited. Here are Gwen and I looking very disheveled:
Then the boys not appreciating the live orchestra's ability to project, covered their ears. Zeke's remained covered most the time, but Reid wasn't quite that bothered:
I know it is hard to work with animals. They're unpredictable. After a while I realized that we must be witnessing a dress rehearsal. Made sense. Everyone there was a part of some freebie program I assume. All was well though. It was fun!
I didn't think the boys really ooh'd and aah'd at things I felt they would or should. I wondered if they are seriously desensitized or if the people in the acts just made it look serisouly easy. Maybe both.
They were distracted by the acts who waited to come on. We were at an end of the auditorium where they had all the gear and people using that gear waiting for their turn. So the boys saw clowns (which by the way, saw that Zeke and Reid needed silly string sprayed on them), and cops and robbers and stage hands. I kept trying to tell them not to look at that but at the acts. There were flippin' tigers doing tricks for Heaven's sake!
Three favorite moments for me were when Zeke asked, "Are those real clowns?" Yes, I replied and he then said, "Are they people?" What did he think they were going to be? Ha! Then Reid said, "Can we play the Star Wars Lego game after this show is over?" Really? Are you that obsessed? Oy! And Gwen, who said not a word and leaned against me on my lap most of the time perked right up the very second the dancing elephant came into the arena. Fun.
For something that will never happen again (for free), it was a very good experience. The following are several videos. Never very long, or Blogger can't handle it and then I have to go through youtube, which I don't like doing. Too many steps. Anyway, you may or may not enjoy what I captured on film. After them I might post some pictures too.
~Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment