Monday, October 22, 2012

Thoughts About as Random as a Pregnant Lady Can Have...

Maternity pants look huge on a hanger. So it is a sad, sad thing when you try them on anyway, and they fit.

Up until about six weeks ago, you could ask me to run a couple miles, and I'd be fine. But ask me to bend down, and I'm out of breath. Now I can't do either.

Reid loves to do "school." I have some little workbook things for him so that he feels like he is doing the same stuff as Zeke. Matt and I have debated and debated starting him on the reading book, "TEACH YOUR CHILD TO READ IN 100 EASY LESSONS." The book's description says that the program is for "gifted three year-olds, and average four and five year-olds." I chuckle at this, because who doesn't want to think their child is gifted?
With Zeke, I started him right after his fourth birthday, and he wasn't ready. Nor did I know what I was doing as a reading teacher. So we shelved it. Three months later, he comes to me and says, "Mom, I wanna do school!" So I try to say okay, lets work on shapes and colors. But he went straight to the bookshelf and reached for the reading book! I panicked. I didn't know if I was ready, much less him. But he was, and I held it together, and learning proceeded. It is amazing what a few months does for a child's maturity.
Anyway, again, Reid won't even be four until mid-December. But again, we've wondered if we could try the book on him for months now. A few days ago, I decided to try it. The first few lessons are easy so they are not necessarily an indication of how he will do, but today he says, "Mom! I wanna do school." Instead of running to the shelf where we keep his workbooks, he ran to my room where the reading book is. I'm excited for him. I hope it works out.

I love learning!

Now I got a lot to do for G's BDay today.

~Hoveys


No comments: