I really needed to rededicate myself to watching sessions of LDS General Conference this weekend. The biggest part of doing that is by giving the kids constructive ways to be reverent and quiet. So? Conference packets! After talking about conference with the kids in Family Home Evening, I looked online for ideas such as mazes, coloring pages, and dot-to-dots for the kids to help focus. Also I made a matching game with the prophets of the church and had a copy of the current First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that they can reference when the Apostles stand to speak. It was not perfect. But I think it helped. I also set up a tent facing the TV to try to help them understand the story of the people who came to the temple, pitching their tents with the door facing the temple, so that they could hear their prophet speak.
I am grateful for a living prophet. Boy do we need one in our world today!
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
Oh, what a clever idea! I am going to have to do this next spring! Love it!
Post a Comment