Friday, October 19, 2012

Coco Keys Water Resort

 Some time back I mentioned the Summer Reading Program through the library. This post consists of the final activity we did because of it. Within the Romada Plaza there is a water resort called Coco Keys. We were very excited because we had three free passes. Gwen is still young enough to be free, and Zeke and Reid cost several dollars less than adults. Anyway, we thought worst case scenario, we'd pay $25 total. The price of adult admission. We paid $10, the child admission price! But then we forked over some cash to rent a locker. It was worth the money though...

Anyway, here is a picture of Reid peering over the "ship deck"

Reid and Gwen ready in their life jackets:

Zeke posing silly on a bridge:


 The main attraction, though there were other areas too. This station had probably six slides random jets of water and located at the top is a bucket that holds hundreds of pounds of water right before it dumps it on innocent bystanders:

This is a portion of waterway that you get jetted along in an inner-tube. We went around it a couple times. I tried to have Reid stand on the bottom so I could lift the inner-tube over his head and help him exit the waterway, but I underestimated the jet current and he got swept away. I grabbed him pretty quick but not before he completely panicked and undoubtedly swallowed water. He cried. I felt so bad.

This is part of the stairway one must climb to reach the three story slides. Matt was the only one who took advantage. I'm too pregnant to be going down those and the kids too short. I tried to be good, but there was one slide I went down a couple times and I had contractions the rest of the night. I don't know if they were related though.
The outside view of the huge slides:

Attractions not pictured are an area of pool that was four feet deep and had basketball hoops and such, a spa, and an infant/toddler pool and slides. Very cute place. Matt said it is great for children, as the place in Provo, UT that he has been to, is for a more mature crowd, I guess. :)

Anyway, we had a splendid time.
~Hoveys


No comments: