Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Storm Chaser Baseball and More!

 We did the Summer Reading Program with the Library this year. Every 10 books up to 40, provides a few rewards. The final reward  was vouchers to the baseball game. After an entertaining hour and a half, we were only at the end of the 4th inning. Our team was ahead but it was past time for bed. By the way, we checked online later only to find we gave up five runs in the eighth, and lost 10-7. Boo.


I plan to document each activity we will be doing because of the Summer Reading Program. Fun things ahead.

The Good Samaritan post involved Reid falling asleep in his chair. He did it again this past Sunday. This time I was equipped with Matt's phone and camera. All the little kids were invited to sit on the floor and watch a short clip during Sharing Time. Reid's teacher tried to convince him he should sit on the floor but he said he wouldn't be able to fall asleep! What? Haha! Well. Very silly. When the other presidency counselor picked the seat next to him, he hopped off his seat moved it about two feet away from her, and sat back down. It caused quite a chuckle by the teachers on that side of the room. *sigh*

Zeke has a silly tendency to name toys, "Tipper". Matt asked what the baby's name should be and Zeke, slightly panicked asked, "Mom! What is the baby's name?" By the way, he is very excited that the baby is a boy and finds it humorous that us girls are dreadfully outnumbered. Anyway, in response to his panicked question, I said, "Well it won't be Tipper!" He thought it was funny and has occasionally called baby that name.

Gwen has a couple new words under her belt. She says water. This, as you can imagine, is a very helpful word for us. If we try to read her and give her a drink, she explodes into applause. It is REALLY cute. She has an awful tendency to grab cups off the table and spill their contents. I swear that yesterday she came to me after spilling Reid's cup and said, "I piw wa'er." Mommy translation: "I spilled water." I was like, what did you just say? Wow!

Love it! Love our family.
~Hoveys

Oh, and if you're interested. I'm playing a little game with my weight this pregnancy. I started out this pregnancy exactly the weight I was when Gwen was born. :( But my doctor wanted this to be a "gaining pregnancy" not a "losing pregnancy". I thought we could meet in the middle and flat line it. First appt said I was 180. Next appt said177. Next said 179. and the ultrasound appt said 182. I'm really quite pleased because typically at this point in the pregnancy I would have gained about 15 lbs. Matt made it even better when he said the baby, placenta and fluid are at least a pound themselves. True point!
OK, I'm done...

No comments: