I am excited for school. I still have odds and ends to figure out, and curriculum to come in the mail, but I am one excited lady. I believe the boys are excited too. I love to learn and see the lights go on inside my children's heads when they understand something. It is magical and special and glad I am more directly a part of that than if they were to receive and education elsewhere.
In addition to Zeke's subjects, he will be starting swimming lessons. Something I could perhaps teach him myself, however, I find it important for Zeke to learn from others whenever he can. Besides, I can hardly get him to dunk his head in the water. I think someone else will be better suited...
Reid will start the reading book "TEACH YOUR CHILD TO READ IN 100 EASY LESSONS" early next year. But seeing his brother do things without him would, I know, get under his skin a little. So he has some other little school-like work books that will thrill him for sure. Not to mention the field trips, science experiments and crafts Teacher Maggie (no, they don't call me that) has up her sleeve.
So excited!
As many of you well know, Gwen has therapists, mostly physical, from the school district come to our home. We took the Summer off and will lessen the visits once they begin again, as Gwen had met each of the goals made for her in the first six months of the year.
Anyway, her name is in the school system. Well, a month ago, I got a letter talking about her enrollment in Kindergarten! It had everything you see in a letter like that for someone is about to start school. Staff was not in office yet so I pushed it to the back burner deciding to straighten things out later. When that time came, I lost the paperwork and had to look up the website for phone numbers. That same day, Gwen got a postcard from her teacher talking about orientation night! Oi. The next day I finally got a hold of whomever I needed, and they laughed and assured it would be corrected so that someone who actually needed that class could get it.
Today, school started. By lunchtime, the school asked why Gwen is a no-show. I told them she is only one, and that I was already trying to get it corrected. The lady was like, "Oh! I see that her birthday on 10-22-10 indicates she is too young. Well, hopefully we'll see her in a few years."
Um...
I hope it clears up soon!
Yay for education! I think that is all I wanted to add to the blog today, so I'm out!
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
3 comments:
Are you homeschooling? I never thought I'd be interested in it because I have very little patience but I really do wish I could be there to see all the "lights going on" moments.Right now Landon is just in preschool and also gets speech therapy. So maybe I'll look more into it. And that is funny about Gwen--sometimes it does take a lot of call backs to get things settled--just like with bills. Ugh.
Kyra! I don't know if you'll see this response, but... Hi! Feels like a while since I've seen you around the social media. Loving life as a mom of three I trust.
We are homeschooling. I don't know if you remember, but our family did too! Anyway, it isn't for everyone. But neither is public. :)I'll be eager to see what you think is best for Landon-either way. Thanks for commenting, girlie!
Good luck with the new school year! I admire those who home school. Public school is the way we went but I've sure enjoyed helping in the classrooms. I've taught science lessons, art lessons and this last year I started subbing at my daughters school. It was fun to sub her class and be her teacher for the day. I have enough of a hard time getting my kids to do their homework so I'm not naive enough to think I could give them what they need on a day to day basis. I know you'll do great! Enjoy your year with them!!
Post a Comment