In the December Roundtable session of the Soaring Eagle District of the Mid-American Council, Nancy, Emily and I won eight UNO Mavericks Hockey tickets between the three of us. I took two for Matt and I, and Nancy and Emily took three for their spouses and oldest sons who are of the same age. Matt had been very recently laid off at that point and I wasn't in the best of spirits. But this news was fantastic! FREE DATE! The game took place last Friday.
My very generous thoughtful friend volunteered her daughters to babysit for free in a different setting, so that Matt and I could go to the temple or some such activity of the sort. I was not going to honor that offer as we were not going to the temple. I'd have felt bad not to pay them because of a date night like this. Do you follow? I don't know, anyway, she insisted the offer stood no matter the circumstances, so her daughter came home from school to their mother probably saying something like, "We're going to watch soccer and a movie. But YOU are going to change diapers for free." :) They seriously are the sweetest girls. They appreciated my cooking AND filled the dishwasher! I mean come on!
Here are our friends Emily, Rob and their son Josh:
You cannot see their dad, our bishop in this pic, but there are two of his children, Rachel and Lance. Nancy stayed home that night instead:
I really like this picture, but don't know why it has to look like I have a comb over, for goodness sake:
With over 16,000 fans there, that was a record. By the way, we played against Minnesota, Duluth. We got clobbered.
Probably their biggest sponsor was a local grocery store called No Frills. This blimp thing flew around dropping gift cards to people. Then they played a game of "What's in the Bag?" The player could choose between two gift cards or "what's in the bag". He opted for what is in the bag and won a dog bone. Poor guy.
The following woman is a local news anchor for I think the NBC affiliate. She sang the National Anthem. Rather well, actually:
Emily and Josh tried to appear on the Jumbo-Tron, to no avail. But they wound up on Youtube. She gave permission...
So that was pretty fun!
~The Hoveys
1 comment:
I haven't been blogging for a while so I had to come over to catch up! How fun to have family come out for a Christmas visit! The kids are getting big :) BTW I love your facebook posts too!
Post a Comment