Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This post kind of makes me chuckle...


A reminder to vote for Gweneth in the costume contest. I'm pretty sure they pick a winner tomorrow!!!

The update is about the rash mentioned in Reid's birthday post. He and Gwen got Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, or Coxsackie A Virus. I knew pretty quick that it wasn't the chicken pox afterall, but we (the internet and I) diagnosed them shortly after that.

Yuck.

Here is Reid at his very first dentist appointment this morning! He was a great patient and had a clean bill of health:

He later went to the pediatrician. I took Gwen with me too because if the rash didn't matter to the medical staff, I was going have her get the second installment of her flu shot. She got it and she didn't cry. :) Reid had blood drawn. He was patient through that but when they came back telling us that the blood clotted and they'd have to try again, Reid kind of lost it. He didn't cry too much but he kept saying, "I no like the owies!" They had to prick four fingers just to get about a fourth of a teaspoon of blood. He came home with about eight suckers, three stickers and a beanbag squid (see pic below). Those nurses felt awful.
Reid weighs 34 pounds and is 38 inches tall. 50% weight and 75% height.
Gwen didn't like me holding Reid and not her, so after the nurse gave her to me, I sat atop the exam table with Reid on my left leg and Gwen on my right. Gwen kept trying to grab the sucker they gave Reid after the third finger prick.
After that, I took them to Walmart so Reid could spend his Birthday money. He enjoyed that and is the proud new owner of plastic fruit and vegetables and a motorized Thomas and Friends toy. By the time we got home they were both asleep in their seats. So cute.
~Hoveys

No comments: