Monday, October 10, 2011

Field Trip!!!!

 Matt took the day off to come with us to the Henry Doorly Zoo. A FANTASTIC day to go. Zeke took a class that they offer homeschooling students. He learned about the difference between wild and tame animals. He took the class with his buddy, Sam.
Here he is showing me his work:


Reid had a blast running around between several exhibits in one building while we waited for Zeke in class. It was the first time Reid would come to the zoo and take an authentic interest in his surroundings because he was old and aware enough to thoroughly enjoy himself:  
Gwen is checking out the turtles!
 Reid found a statue lizard. I wanted Zeke to pretend he is kissing it but I got Reid to touch it instead:

Zeke is watching the beavers in their dam:


Getting her feet wet:


The petting zoo:

My friend Emily had a favorite statue. It is cute:
I love our little family!
~The Hoveys

No comments: