Aren't my brothers handsome?
Sometime on a Wednesday in September whilst I was at Cub Scouts, I received a text message from my brother Andrew (White shirt in the front row). He had previous to that day received his mission call to the Florida Orlando mission (English speaking). His text said that he'd set a date to attend the temple on Wednesday, October 5th. I knew I'd need to find someone to cover Scouts for me. I knew I wanted Matt to be there too, so we'd need a babysitter. Then of course there is remembering to reserve spots for us while at the temple. By the time I left the church building that night, I had someone to cover Scouts. Not long after that, I secured a babysitter so that Matt and I could attend together for the first time in about 20 months. AT THE SAME TIME!! Ha ha. I soon reserve the aforementioned spots, and we are set!
Babysitter shows up on time. I'm dressed and ready. Matt puts on his suite, but decides not to wear the jacket. Off we go!
On our way there I say the inevitable, "I feel like I'm forgetting something." Followed up by the usual joke, "Did you remember your recommend?", with a smile upon my face.
That smile faltered.
We realized our recommends were in Matt's suite coat pocket on the foot of our bed.
We somehow made it to the session on time. OK, I know how. But through the grace of God we were not pulled over by Matt's lead foot.
I'm so proud of my brother, Andrew. He is going to be a fantastic missionary.
~Hoveys

No comments:
Post a Comment