Friday, September 2, 2011

A Visit to an Apple Orchard!

Never done this before, but we were so excited to go with our friends, the Woods, to an apple orchard in Bellevue. We sampled apples in the gift shop and then our guide took us to the orchard. We picked and picked and continued to sample apples and pick them. After we reached a quota, we were led to a contraption that made apple cider. That was really neat. The weather was a bit hot, but I'd rather that than rain, so Mother Nature and I are good. :)

It was just a lot of fun. So I will show you the pictures and say that I think everyone should experience something like this. Great for families. Great for dates!










Apples Cider Process-
Grind them:

Mash them:
Drain:
And enjoy!!!!



~The Hoveys


1 comment:

Jake and Sheena Halverstadt said...

I want to go to an apple orchard this year with the girls! It looks like a lot of fun =) The zoo picture is actually at the Lincoln Zoo before we moved. The town we live in now consists of a farmers co-op, a post office, 1 restaurant, funeral home, and 1 insurance company. Oh, and there is the school, but it's only 3-6 grade then the kids are bussed out of town. It's a nice quite place to live (only 200 people!) But it really is SMALL town living. However, depending on what time of day you visit our lovely home, it may or may not resemble a zoo!