We decided Zeke should have a friend birthday party for the big number five. So we went to the park!
We played games such as the dress-up relay race. Each team races to a pile of clothes, puts it all on, takes it all off and races back to tag their teammate:
Here is a picture of the non participators of the relay race. They had fun watching the others be silly though!
Next up was Red Light, Green Light. Matt was the stop light for a time, but then the kids took turns:
We then sang the traditional "Happy Birthday to you". I am glad I wasn't filming this, because I hit some bad notes... Matt gave me a look, so I knew I'd done it loud enough to be heard. But it isn't about me, is it. Oh well. I love Zeke's face in this picture. I think he got a little bashful as about 15 people were singing to him.
Next we opened presents! It was really funny watching this take place. Some of the kids shouted out what was in the gift they brought, while others offered to help him open them. I don't know if he knew what all the gifts were until he saw them at home later. I was worried that someone might feel bad if Zeke showed more excitement for one item over another, but they were all too excited to care. So cute!
One of the things got from us was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume. He was eager to wear it around the playground.
So after all the games were played, songs were sung, presents opened and cupcakes were eaten, we played in the playground.Once upon a time there was a little boy named Ezekiel. He scared us through the way he came into this world, but has been a joy ever since! He is a typical big brother, with good and bad moments. But a lot of great ones. A special spirit is he. We are proud to be his Dad and Mom.
~the Hoveys
2 comments:
Fun. Looks like the big guy had a great birthday. YOU have a FIVE year old!
I love the birthday present that can also be a Halloween Costume :) What a fun party I love the clothes relay. I remember doing that before but forgot about it.
Post a Comment