It has been a bit of time since I have blogged. Aside from the previous one asking opinions on the marathon. More about that is that it will be held in St. George and that it is so widely popular, that people are chosen in a lottery, so I might not even be chosen. I mentioned needing a sponsor, because it wouldn't just be an investment in time but monetarily. The big draw to this particular race is the fact it is held on a Saturday. Not many are. So anyway, that was the last thing I blogged about. Now I have a hankering to show you some videos!
Gwen and Matt talking on the phone with Matt's momma. He got her to chuckle for Grandma.
Reid has hit some road blocks in potty training, but he is getting back on track. This is such a big life skill! I swear it is like house training a puppy. He has learned how to poop once he gets outside and this morning I found teeth marks on the toothpaste tube. *shrug*
We were at a play date and once there was too many kids on the playground he completely stopped all interactions. I asked him why he wasn't playing and he said there were too many kids. SAD! So shy! We had a play date a couple days later that went WAY better though.
Gwen has been rolling over both ways within the last week. She can also put herself in a sitting position. I couldn't prove it at first, but then Matt and I both witnessed her do it. You can tell she loves doing it too. She has also been seen sticking her bum in the air with her feet flat on the ground. Maybe another month and she'll crawl? We'll see!
Zeke is getting great at riding his little bike (with training wheels). I told him he could ride it to a play date and he wound up walking it almost the whole way. *Sigh* He said it was because of uphills and downhills. I told him I hated to brake it to him, but it is like that the whole way. Well, he started riding his bike with the kids we went to play with, and that gave him just enough confidence to ride his bike almost all the way home. I was so impressed! That night though, I had to rub his legs because their soreness were keeping him awake.
Zeke and Reid singing raucously as they try to sing along to the theme song of their favorite show "Wild Kratts". Found here.
The Young Women in our ward are going to walk an 18 mile trip from the church to the temple. They invited anyone to join them for any duration of the trip, and I am going to do it all! I'm excited! That will be on Labor Day. I went to an information meeting about it, and grew such respect for the girls leaders. They love those girls a lot!
Of course a video of the three of them on the couch bouncing together. Ha ha!
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
3 comments:
Maggie! I love your posts. So funny (shrugging about the teethmarks in the toothpaste?!--hilarious!) and I hear you about the marathons too. I'm eyeballing some that are on Saturdays too. You'd think they'd want to have them on Saturday so you could recover before having to go back to work! That and it's not on the Sabbath! Anyway, excellent post!
I love your new family picture at the top, your kiddos are adorable!! Good luck on the 18 mile walk, I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it =)
You so impress me with the marathon...even the fact that your considering it impresses me :)
Post a Comment