Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Foul Fowl

I think in a few weeks we should be seeing some veggies from these monstrous plants.

I mowed the lawn yesterday but it took forever! I had to stop when three kits came out of their hiding place right before I reached it. Then Gwen needed to be taken to her bed. Then-and this is the worst, an angry, overprotective bird kept circling me! I stopped to feed the boys lunch, to refill the mower with gasoline, and again for the foul fowl!
I stopped I think three times because of that bird. I even got as far away from it as I could without leaving the yard, and it pursued. I hate birds so much! Yard looks alright though.
During the first encounter, I turned to look at the boys and found Zeke holding one unfortunate kit by its rear leg. I yelped and told him to put it down so he dropped it. I really hope it doesn't have fleas. But it makes sense why I couldn't scare a rabbit out of the yard a couple weeks ago. It kept circling the spot.
Anyway, not a great experience, but I did get the job done before any potential rain. That was my goal.
UGH!!!!! I hate birds.
~Hoveys

No comments: