Thursday, June 23, 2011

College World Series!

If you didn't know, The College World Series used to be played at Rosenblatt Stadium, but is now played at TDAmeritrade Park. We got four free general admission tickets. Woo-hoo! Question was, do we take the kids? We left Gwen with our friends the McGarrys, and brought the boys. North Carolina and Vanderbilt played each other. We sat in the right field near enough where the game's two home runs were hit. Fun! Zeke went from saying he wanted to play there when he gets big, to wanting to go home, in about four innings. But I think overall, they had fun. Gwen had a good time too. I missed her though.

Here is where the ESPN folks commentated. Former President G.W. Bush threw the first pitch to open the series, and then commentated that game.

I saw pitchers warming up in there:

When Zeke saw the sign, he knew "Daddy's work" had something to do with this:
The boys wanted to make funny poses:
They loved the airplane that flew overhead with advertisements:
Beach balls were a big hit. I got a piece of one once. You get booed if it goes over the edge.But the baseball players graciously return it:
Omaha skyline:


The teams:


A memorable experience. The boys didn't like parting with Gwen. Zeke wondered aloud what Hyrum's mommy will do with his sister! She was fine. :)
~Hoveys

1 comment:

Christine said...

Loved the cute "happy" pictures of Gwenn. The baseball game looked fun, we haven't brought out kids to one in a long time.I wonder if they would like it or be done after 4 innings ;)