Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Married Super Man (who, it turns out, is also Prince Charming)

Roger, Terrie, Russell and Faith came to visit us this week. Just one stop on a cross country tour. We enjoyed their company from Tuesday until Saturday. We saw the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge, the Mormon Trail Center, picnicked at a park, shopped, watched movies, played Settlers of Catan and ate out. A fantastic few days!
Matt got the entire week off work. He did a number of things both on his honey-do list, and regular chores to help me out! MY HERO! His parents could NOT have raised him better. I might deserve him eventually. I just don't envy his work load when he goes back...

My favorite joke of the week goes to Roger. I put a headband on Gwen just before we went out and he said, "Oh, good! That'll keep the hair out of her face." Ha ha!
My favorite catchphrase of the week goes to Zeke. Terrie has such a sweet demeanor and has a chuckle ready at all times. Finally, Zeke asks, "What's so funny?" He wanted to know the humor every time. So Reid eventually picked it up too, and would ask the same question.
Oh!! Also, for some reason Reid won't call Russell by his name. When praying for their safe departure, Reid said, "Grandma, Grandpa, Faith and Guy". He's been saying it that way ever since! :)

The bridge:
Here is a close-up of these two squirrels:
Awe, how cute!
A close up of Doctor Jekyll:
Posing on the bird rock thingy:
Posing on the fish rock thingy:
After that I thought we might not have Gwen in as many pictures, so we got a more:
Now, for a couple scenery shots:
I see that this is turning out to be a long post, so I will pause for station identification.
~The Hoveys

No comments: